Essendon Royals is one of the largest FFV affiliated clubs in Victoria.
We are presently around 660 members and we expect to continue to grow along with our facilities. Our membership base is the most precious asset to our club.
We are a diverse club. Our members come from all walks of life source from the diverse Moonee Valley and Moreland areas and their surrounds. Members include the players, coaches, team managers and other officials and volunteers at the club as well as life members.
Of course life at the club revolves around football but the members come to play but stay for the fun, friendship and football development opportunities.
Registrations for 2018
All current members for Essendon Royals will be given preference over anyone from the public seeking a new membership with our club.
Current members will be soon offered to confirm their membership positions with the club through our grading process in November and early December as will anyone who has expressed interest. Grading for mini-roos and juniors from U8 to U18 is happening now. If you want to be involved please contact our club Secretary Emmet Sheehan or our Director for Juniors Simon De Leonardis
Once 2018 commences, all players, coaches and team managers confirmed with teams will be asked to register and pay required fees (players only) on the FFV myfootballclub website. Information for this procedure will be made available to members as soon as it becomes availabel in 2018.
We pride ourselves on being an open and welcoming club but we also have limited playing space and coaches. Our mini-roos boys and youth boys teams are at current capacity. We are encouraging more growth in our girls teams and young women's teams. Please make sure if you are interested in playing at Royals to express your interest early. It will become easier for us as our facilities expand.
Membership Fees for 2018
Membership fees for 2018 are as follows (inclusive of GST):
Ages are for 2018.
- Boys 6-8 for U8: $570
- Boys 9 to 11: $570 + $100 for new members
- Girls 6-8 for U8 and up to age 11: $570
- Boys 12 to 16: $750 + $100 for new members
- Girls 12 to 16: $750
- Boys & Girls 17 to 20: $750
- Men Seniors: $550
- Women Seniors: $475
- Masters 35+: $400
For any queries please contact our club secretary Emmet Sheehan.
- Volunteer coaches with a child at the club will have 1 membership fee waived for the child they are coaching
- Individuals who wish to join the club or are returning members of the club who are unable to meet fee requirements may enquire with the club secretary Emmet Sheehan in writing to be put on a payment plan. Such conditions will be granted at the discretion of the club.
Upon grading completion, players may be offered a position with the club:
- Returning players will be given priority and guaranteed a position at the club once a $100 deposit is paid to secure their position. Fee balance will be payable upon registration.
- New players will be offered a position at the club if squad space is available. A $200 deposit is required to secure position at the club. $100 will be deducted from fees balance payable upon registration. The other $100 is the club new entry fee required for all new members.
Note: our deposits process will be posted on the website after grading and offers are made to returning and new members.
Essendon Royals has a no pay, no play policy for all players at the club.
During early 2018 players will be able to complete their membership registration and payments with the federation when the MyFootballClub website is opened for registrations. Membership fees are required to be paid within 14 days of MyFootballClub registration access being available. Players who do not pay registration within that time may risk having their position with the club and deposit forfeit.
Volunteers for 2018
If you are interested to join Royals as a volunteer in 2018 we'd love to have you. We’re a terrific, fun group of people who all volunteer to help our kids or ourselves to play football.We welcome helpers to build a better club and provide the best possible service to you and your children at the lowest possible cost. Volunteers are the cogs that keep the Royals moving along. Without them our club just wouldn’t function. Volunteers perform a variety of roles within our club. The club requires assistance in the areas listed below.
- Communications/Newsletter/Grants submissionsEvents
- First Aid
- Game day coordination
- Ground Maintenance
- Legal advice
- Match day support
- Operations assistance – early season set up
- Operations assistance – late season wrap up
- Refereeing including ‘running the line’
- Team Coaches/Assistant Coaches
- Team Managers
- Team Support (U12s up – running the line or emergency referee)
- Volunteers Coordinator
- Website maintenance
- Working Bees
- AND much more!
Some volunteering positions require a Working With Children Check.
For more information about volunteering at Royals please contact club manager Crystal Eid.