This has been posted especially for those potential members whose email addresses bounced for their offers to join the club (2 people, U8 girls, U12 girls)
U8 boys and girls and U10-14 girls who graded with the club have a chance to secure their positions by paying a deposit to the club for 2018 as early as possible. It's also your first opportunity to be measured up for uniforms and come to a fitting time at the club rooms. New coaches will also be fitted for polo shirts and jackets. Don't forget coaches do not pay fees for 1 child (usually in the team they are coaching)
For deposits and fittings our club rooms at Ormond Park will be open on the following dates:
- Saturday 9th December from 9.30am to 12pm
- Wednesday 13th December from 6pm to 8pm
U8 boys & girls and U10-14 girls new members are being asked to make a $100 deposit with the club. Deposits will go towards your overall membership fee. Please pay your deposit by Wednesday 13th December. You may provide deposits by the following options, instructions will be below and also available on our website:
- Cash payment direct to the Club at our club rooms
- EFT or Credit Card payment with the club at our club rooms
- Direct Deposit with the Club & email receipt to the club
What happens if I don't make my deposit by 13th December?
We won't know if you are taking up a position with the club. Potentially your position could go to someone else who enquires with the club. We don't want to disappoint anyone but our club is near capacity. If you have a problem paying your deposit by that date just contact us!
New member & coaches uniforms will be available at the club rooms on the above dates. A range of apparel will be available for players and coaches to try on and we will record your fitting sizes. All new members should come down for fitting on the above dates and its a great time to pay our deposit also. If you miss these fitting dates we will hold more later this year and in early 2018.
You may attend the Essendon Royals club rooms on the above dates to make your deposit.
Deposit by Cash, EFT or Credit Card to the Club at our club rooms
Please attend the Essendon Royals club rooms on the above dates. Essendon Royals staff will be on hand to process your deposit and provide you a receipt. For EFT or Credit Card payments, we can process your payment with your EFT or Credit card with our online payment facilities at the club.
Deposit by direct online transfer
You may provide a direct transfer through online banking. Please email Crystal, our club manager, your online banking receipt along with your full name and player date of birth. Please don't forget to do this so we can ensure your deposit is recorded. Please also ensure you place your last name and first name as a part of the deposit reference.
- ACCOUNT NAME: Essendon Royals Soccer Club
- BSB: 013162
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 298154132
- Amount: $100
- Reference: LastNameFirstName
Any players who are experiencing difficulties to make their deposit or would like to speak to the Secretary regarding a membership payment plan, please email Crystal, our club manager to ensure that we can consider your situation and request.
Grading results & membership policies
You are probably wondering about grading results!
The club is presently processing grading results of over 600 players (mostly members with new players in the mix). Some grading results and preparations are well advanced but it will take a couple of weeks to line up our training squads once we know who is returning and how many new members we need.
Once we know member and new member numbers, players will receive information on the squad that they will be training with in 2018. Your training squad may not be your final team. We will use 2018 preseason in February as the final chance to take in new players for open spots in squads and a chance to reconsider the position of some players either by player or coach request.
Here is a rundown of our membership policies that is on our website and was sent out with previous grading emails:
- Returning 2017 Royals players will be guaranteed a spot with the club but not necessarily in the team of their choice. Essendon Royals is a community club and we love that players form strong social links and friendships in their team and with their coaches but overall the club has a team selection policy and must adhere to being fair and balanced to all members. Teams and coaches change from season to season but you always play for Essendon Royals.
- Players may request to be in certain teams which we will consider but the grading process will determine the squads. Coaches may also request players be place in their teams and the club will consider these requests and work with each coach to determine the best composition of squads.
- New players will be taken into Royals by their position in the expression of interest list after grading and making a deposit with the club and paying an initial membership fee.
- In age groups where we field Kangaroo or A graded teams players cannot expect to play with friends if their is a large disparity in their capability.
If you have any questions regarding fees or deposits please just ask!
Again thank you for supporting Essendon Royals.