Essendon Royals Soccer Club is delighted to share details of our Term 1 MiniRoos Academy program.
In 2022, we are excited to deliver the same great football program for our youngest stars as we look to inspire the next generation of players in a welcoming and fun environment.
Essendon Royals MiniRoos Kick-Off Term 1 2022
Essendon Royals MiniRoos Kick-Off Acadmey is back in 2022!
Term 1 sessions will be held at the club’s traditional home at Ormond Park. See map below.
In Term 1, players will be treated to 10 sessions.
All sessions commence at 9am and conclude at 9.45am
- Saturday, January 29
- Saturday, February 5
- Saturday, February 12
- Saturday, February 19
- Saturday, February 26
- Saturday, March 5
- Saturday, March 12
- Saturday, March 19
- Saturday, March 26
- Saturday, April 2
Ormond Park, 2a Pattinson St, Moonee Ponds
Sessions will be held in front of the Essendon Royals Soccer Club Pavillion.
COVID19 Protocols: Essendon Royals advises that unless mandated by the State or Federal Government, all sessions will proceed as planned.
Essendon Royals will be following all required government protocols.
Please be aware, that community sport is not required to seek proof of vaccination from participants or parents.
You will, however, be required to check-in and prove vaccination status for sit-down service at the Ormond Park Pavillion, in line with Government mandates.
In the interest of participant safety we ask the following:
- Please check-in at Ormond Park for all sessions, whether you are entering the pavilion or not.
- If you are a close contact of a confirmed COVID19 case, DO NOT attend sessions until you have returned a negative PCR or Rapid Test
- If you are feeling unwell, DO NOT attend sessions until you are feeling better and have returned a negative PCR or Rapid Test
- If you are a confirmed COVID19 case, please follow all Government directions and DO NOT attend sessions until such a time as it is deemed safe to do so and your isolation requirements have been met.
- If you have unknowingly attended a session whilst positive, please advise the club as soon as possible.
- Social distancing and mask wearing is encouraged, in line with Victorian Government protocols
The Essendon Royals COVID Safe Plan can be found HERE.
We ask that the above is followed out of respect and courtesy to your fellow participants and their families.
Please note that these protocols are subject to change, pending Government regulations.
In the event that a confirmed case unknowingly attends a session during their infectious period, the club will inform all participants who attended on the day and require all club coaches and volunteers to return a negative rapid test before returning to the club.
No refunds will be offered for any sessions that are missed for COVID19 or other reasons. In the event of a lockdown this policy will be revisited.
Confirm Your Spot: To confirm your spot for Term 1 2022, you are required to complete our registration form and lodge payment via our website using the button below.
The form will ask you to enter all player and guardian details.
Please complete the form in the top section of the page.
On the second page of the form, you are asked to select your Registration Type. Please ensure you select “Term 1 MiniRoos Kick-Off (Saturday Morning Program U4-U10) Registration”.
You will then be asked to complete payment on the form.
Once you have completed the form you will receive an on-screen notification and a follow-up email confirming your registration has been processed (be sure to check your junk mail just in case!).
What is MiniRoos Kick Off?
Created by the Football Federation Australia (FFA), Kick-Off uses short, game-based sessions to provide young newcomers to the game with a fun and, most importantly, an inclusive opportunity to try their hand at the world’s favourite game. Essendon Royals is an accredited MiniRoos Kick-Off site.
For more information about the MiniRoos Kick-Off program, visit the Kick-Off website.
- A fun, safe sport taught in a friendly environment for children aged between 4 and 9.
- Weekly 45 minute sessions that build skills through games and simple drills delivered in an engaging and inclusive environment.
- Every player gets plenty of time on the ball and the prime aim of each session is for children to build fundamental motor skills.
Benefits of Kick Off
Make new friends and develop social skills. Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others.
Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
Keep healthy by getting active!
- Sessions: 9 Sessions
- Cost: $180 for participation in program